2/5/10

Classic Review: Pearl Jinx by Sandra Hill

More from the vault: originally published on Myspace July 16, 2007
I just finished Pearl Jinx by Sandra Hill. It has to be one of the most unique stories I've ever read. Where else are you going to read about Ex-Amish Ex-Navy SEALs?

I thought Hill was extremely knowledgeable about Amish and Mennonite beliefs and handled much of the issues with care. I was not so impressed by her handling of the Native American issues(or American Indian, depending on your PC preference), though.

The book is still fun and funny, as her books always are. You will enjoy it more if you've read others in her Cajun series as characters from the series make reappearances here.
I'm not going to even try to describe the plot, because it sounds silly in print. It IS silly, but it is also a great read...perfect for the beach or any other time you need something that won't drag you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment