How I Met My Countess is almost two books in one. The bulk of the book is told in a flashback style. I promise, it's not nearly as annoying as it sounds. The flashback tells the entire story of the our hero and heroine's unconventional romance. The remainder is about reconciliation and a minor subplot or two about inheritances, secrets, and a gaggle of widows.
I enjoyed this book far more than recent offerings by this author, probably because it reminds me so much of the fun spy novels she has written--books like Stealing the Bride--where adventure and humor blend together with the romance.
My Grade: B+
For even more historical spy cravings, here is some suggested reading:
- Stealing the Bride by Elizabeth Boyle
- To Wed a Scandalous Spy by Celeste Bradley
- From London with Love by Jenna Petersen
- The Lady Chosen by Stephanie Laurens
- The Spy Wore Silk by Andrea Pickens