6/30/10

Hump Day Summer Movie: Evolution (2001)

Getting back to my standard of choosing movies based on their impact on my personal lexicon, I give you: Evolution.

It stars David Duchovny, Seann William Scott, Julianne Moore, and Orlando Jones and is probably one of the funniest sci fi movies made in the last 10 years. The science is OMG awful, but I  do think this one was underrated and poorly marketed. It is silly and sometimes stupid but always funny.

Duchovny plays his normal, sardonic straight man role to his much funnier sidekick (Jones) while Sean Williams Scott plays his usual dumbass persona.

No deep message, no thought-provoking plot. But if you're not laughing at the giant mosquito extraction scene, there's something wrong with you.

And here's my second favorite scene: Ca-Caw!

No comments:

Post a Comment