8/5/10

Kathy Reichs: Book Watch

Ok, I admit to being a couple of books behind in this series. But I love Tempe Brennan. I love Bones, too, but as those familiar with both the books and the series know, they have nothing in common besides the main character's name and profession.

Spider Bones, the 13th! installment in the Temperance Brennan series, is being released in hardcover in just a few weeks (August 24th).

I'm a big fan of the audiobook versions narrated by Barbara Rosenblat (produced by Recorded books, not the awful ones produced by Simon and Schuster).  Audible only carries the icky S&S versions for the most part, though. And while I love Recorded Books, their audiobooks are (how do I put this politely?) outrageously freaking expensive. The CD version is available for preorder on their site for $92.75.

The Kindle price is currently set at $12.99. Too expensive for me right now.  So I'll likely be picking this book up in hardcover or waiting until I can find a used copy of the audio.

You can preorder the hardcover at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Book Depository or your favorite local indie.

2 comments:

  1. I really do like audio books and am excicted to get this recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Fiction Vixen,

    This is the 13th in the series, so if you haven't read or listened to the others yet, you may want to start at the beginning. There is a loose personal chronology that runs through the series.

    Make sure you get the Recorded book versions though. The ones in bookstores will be by Simon and Schuster and narrated by someone else. (Oh, they're awful)

    ReplyDelete