7/4/10

Happy Independence Day!

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July!

Here in the mountains, at-home fireworks are a very big no-no. Wildfire is an ever present danger, so we have the public shows over the mill ponds or lakes in the area. But I miss the sparklers, the little ash snakes, the piccolo petes. There's something much more personal about those at-home fireworks--even if they are sometimes dangerous--than the big, distant explosions in the sky for me.

But even more special to me are the parades. I love parades. I love the silliness of the floats. The sense of community as the various organizations tromp by. I love how teary eyed I get watching the veterans slowly march past. And I love how happy and friendly everyone is because they are celebrating our nation's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment