4/27/09

Highland Scandal by Julia London


London's latest Highland romance was a huge disappointment. I'm not quite sure where she went wrong, but what started out as a story with lots of potential humor turned into melodrama material with a rushed ending.

Part of the book's issues lie in the pacing, as most of the book drags on without anything of import occurring. Then, in the last 5o pages, London squeezes travel, intrigue, danger, imprisonment...

I normally enjoy Julia London's books and finish them quite quickly. Usually within a day or two. This one took me nearly a week to finish because I found myself wanting to put it down to read something else.

The characters are terrific, as always, with Newton being a stand-out for me. I just wish the cast had a better plot to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment