3/29/11

Romantic Times Booklovers Convention April 6-10



In exactly a week, I will be heading to Los Angeles to attend my very first romance convention! The RT Booklovers Convention is being held at the Westin Bonaventure hotel in downtown LA next week.

I am planning to blog about the convention here on Buried By Books and to tweet about it on Twitter. You can follow along with other Tweeps by searching the hashtag #RT11 next week.

I'm super excited to be meeting so many people I've chatted with online, but am also really nervous. Why? LA intimidates me. My Northern California town has a whopping 5,000 people and 2 stoplights. I rarely travel, so I am afraid this country mouse might just get swallowed up by the big city! If you are attending and see someone shy lurking by the potted plants, it's probably me.

If you live in the LA area but aren't able to make the entire convention, you might consider attending the Saturday Bookfair. It is open to the public for a fee of $5. You can read about all of the authors attending the signing here.

Is anyone else going to the convention? Any tips for an RT virgin?

No comments:

Post a Comment