10/26/11

Hump Day Classic Movie: The Watcher in the Woods (1980)

Raise your hand if this movie scared you as a child/adult. When I was little, The Watcher in the Woods was constantly on the television. And no matter how many times I saw it, it scared me. Something about Bette Davis's creepiness gives me the chills even now. (Although NCIS junkie that I am, I can now enjoy the incredibly young David McCallum aka Duckie)

Honestly, it's hard to believe this is a Disney movie. Disney is so toothless anymore. But if you need a Halloween movie that is spooky without being gory, this is it. (I know I mentioned this in passing last year, but it really does deserve its own Hump Day post.)

The trailer is available on youtube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DFacqQp8uw




If you want something more modern this Halloween, try Monster House. It's a little intense for really young children, but it has lovely animation and lots of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment